TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“TAX AND RELAX PROMOTION
- Information on how to claim and the gifts form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Promotion is only open to Australian residents.
- Claimants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the claimant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences on 31 May 2021 and ends at 11:59PM AEST on 1 August 2021. Claims close 11:59PM AEST 15th September or once all five hundred and twenty-five (525) gifts have been claimed, whichever is first to occur (“Promotional Period).
- To be eligible to claim a gift, individuals must purchase a Swift5 from Harvey Norman (either in-store or at www.harveynorman.com.au) or Bing Lee (either in-store or online at www.binglee.com.au) or a Swift5 or Aspire5 [Intel Core i5 or i7 11th Gen models only] from the Acer website at https://online.acer.com.au/acer/store/ during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Purchase). If a purchase receipt is not provided to the individual at the time of making their Qualifying Purchase, it is their responsibility to request one.
- To claim, individuals must then complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Visit www.acerpromotions.com.au/taxrelax;
- Follow the prompts to the promotion claim page;
- Input the requested details including first name, last name, email address and postcode;
- Answer the two (2) questions:
- Is this your first Acer product?
- What industry sector do you work in?;
- Upload a copy of their Qualifying Purchase receipt; and then
- Submit the fully completed claim form.
- Multiple claims permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) claim permitted per transaction regardless of the number of Swift5 or Aspire5 products are purchased in that transaction in excess of one (1). For example, if an individual purchases two (2) Swift5 products in one (1) transaction, they will only be eligible for one (1) claim. If an individual purchases a Swift5 product on one day and then an Aspire5 from the Acer website two days later, they will be eligible for two (2) claims (i.e. one (1) claim for each transaction made on each day); and (b) each claim must be submitted separately and in accordance with claim requirements.
- Claimants must retain a copy of their purchase receipts for all claims as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all claims when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of a claimant’s claims and forfeiture of any right to a gift. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the promotional period but prior to the claim.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claims process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable claims will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Successful claims will be notified by email.
- The first five hundred and twenty-five (525) valid claims received will each be awarded one (1) x overnight stay in an Ovolo Hotel in Australia valued at up to and not exceeding $300 (“Gift). Once verified successful claimants will be sent an email with a link to claim their prize and book their overnight stay. Successful claimants are responsible for their own travel to and from their chosen Ovolo Hotel. Spending money, meals, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Rooms are subject to availability including Australian school holidays, public holidays or other peak periods including the blackout dates listed for each Ovolo Hotel in Schedule A below. The Gift must be taken/redeemed by 29 June 2022. Gift is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Successful claimants may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or any other kind of disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend, substitute or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- If a successful claimant is under the age of 18 years, the Gift will be awarded to the successful claimant’s nominated parent or guardian on the successful claimant’s behalf.
- If for any reason a successful claimant does not take/redeem a Gift at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Gift will be forfeited.
- If any Gift is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Gifts, or any unused portion of a Gift, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- Claimants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a successful claimant (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the claimant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or claimant; or (f) use of a Gift.
- The Promoter is Acer Computer Australia Pty. Limited (ABN 78 003 872 768) of Building G, level 2, 350 Parramatta Road Homebush NSW 2140, telephone 02 8762 3000.
Schedule A – Blackout Dates:
|2021||14th Jul||25th Sep||27th May – 30th May||15th – 16th Jun|
|6th Aug – 28th Aug||2nd Nov||5th Jun – 6th Jun||22nd – 23rd Jun|
|19th Sep||18th – 21st Nov||12th Jun||3rd – 4th Aug|
|29th – 31st Dec||30th – 31st Dec||17th Jun||10th – 11th Aug|
|26th Jun – 27th Jun||24th – 25th Aug|
|6th Aug – 15th Aug||31st Aug – 1st Sep|
|7th – 9th Sep||19th – 20th Oct|
|25th Sep 21||20th Nov|
|23rd – 24th Oct||23rd – 24th Nov|
|16th Nov||30th Nov – 1st Dec|
|30th – 31st Dec||30th – 31st Dec|
|2022||1st – 2nd Jan||1st – 2nd Jan||1st – 2nd Jan||1st – 2nd Jan|
|26th Jan||17th Jan – 30th Jan||26th Jan||26th Jan|
|10th Mar – 27th Mar|